These are my disaster jeans. What to do with them?
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
So this is something I've had for awhile, it's an apostrophe I wrote for my English class last year in theme with the novel "A Separate Peace"
So I guess this is a bit of a glance at my writing style.
I stand now at that tree, you know the one; the scene of frolick and play; the scene of the disaster. It's looking down at me as if it remembers me -- what I did. It's haunting, and slightly frightful. I wonder if it remembers you too -- your innocence, your teasing but playful demeanor. If that tree could speak it would scold me, comfort you, and surely realize how your falling was never my intention, or an action I thought would occur. If it could, it would tell you the things I couldn't. How sorry I am for what happened, how guilty I feel, and how that guilt helped uncover what I truly thought of you, of myself, and of our odd friendship.
Having gone into war I discovered I had an enemy in myself -- one I wanted to disappear as much as the war. The monster within me was unsatisfied with the way I was, it wanted what you had as well. It wanted your character so badly it almost eliminated you. In a way it was the cause of your death. That thought eats at me.
But Finny know, I had an expression as shocked as yours, I hated me as you did, and it hurt me to admit it as well.
I thank you for bringing the dark side of me to light -- if only because you realized I'm not perfect.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Your voice is gone from my memory
It’s like a knife ripping through me
But your laugh shines through
And I remember you, I’ll always remember you
We’d seen such better days than those leading to your demise
In some ways I think it was mine too
When you left a piece of me went with you
And you’ll never be replaced
I couldn’t do it if I wanted to
Because I remember you, I can’t ever forget you
I can sing a pretty song; lay a flower on your grave
But I can never be strong, not without you here.
Maybe it’s for the better, but I only see the worst
I rely on photographs to get me through, I won’t stop loving you.
Having another think and putting myself down. What else is new? :(
Monday, December 21, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Trip : WONDERFUL. Loved it. Great Lakes Crossing Mall is the bestttt(that I've been to anyway)
Only regret is i didn't have enough time in Forever 21. Newfound love in H&M though. I'm not going to say everything I bought.. because well.. there was a lot. haha SO on to other things.
Fix You, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyXVFm8ow_0
I got my tongue pierced!!! yayyyyy! Barely hurt at all.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
1. Do not leave packing within 10 hours of your flight. You will forget something.
2. 2 hours sleep and no food does not make your body feel good.
3. When buying gum to help your ears do not leave it in your cab.
4. Online check in saves you an assload of time.
5. When goig through security do not babble like an idiot. They'll give you weird looks.
6. Never sit next to an emergency exit. They expect you to do stuff.
7. Check in earlier so you get a window seat. Way cooler than being stuck in the middle.
8. It's really hard to sleep in an upright position, but once your eyes burn from being open, exhaustion will take over.
9. Small talk is over-rated.
10. It's not hard to find your way through the Toronto airport if you follow the people you know were on your plane.
11. When your father says he doesn't know where he parked - believe him.
12. GPS systems do not tell you when roads are under construction.
13. Even if you thought you couldn't nap, if you lay down under a blanket on anything remotely comfortable you will take about 10 naps throughout the day. And still sleep through the night.
14. Some contractors are assholes.
15. Chick-a-dees are not to be feared.
16. Chipmunks are stealthy, spastic little things.
17. Never go in a boat looking for ducks with your father
18. Duct-tape can fix an antenna
19. Futon mattresses are best left in the middle of the floor.
20. Home Hardware is not a fun store.
21. In the IGA parking lot, people in trucks don't care if you are walking. They will come within 2 feet of hitting you.
22. Thai restaurants can close even when their hours say they should be open.
23. Kawartha Dairy is the best.
24. Pumkin pie is amazing.
25. When ordering dessert, even if you have no idea what the waitress said, but something involves ice-cream -- order it.
26. 8 hour drives suck.
27. Even more so when you take the 401.
28. Squirrels don't look both way before crossing the street.
29. Harvey's will give you a diet Pepsi when you ask for iced-tea.
30. In terms of stores - Newfoundland blows.
31. If you see a cat for one week a year, it will finally let you pet it the third time.
32. Never go shoping with a man - even if it's only for groceries.
33. When buying a whack of stuff to make sandwiches make sure you remember the bread.
34. When deciding to make a cheesecake look at a recipe before you get to Kroger. That way you will buy the other 2 packages of cream cheese you needed.
35. Sometimes a take out carton of pad-thai can last a person 3 days.
36. It's easy to tell a gym isn't in use when you are attacked by cobwebs trying to use the machines in there.
37. Don't save your money - your father does not want to go to a mall.
38. Pop Tarts are way cooler in the US. You can get chocolate chip cookie dough.
39. ABC family will stay play the same season of Full House at 2:00 that they have for at least the last 4 years.
40. Being alone all day will make you bored enough to create a list such as this one.